UNISON’s pay claim
UNISON pushed hard for a decent pay rise for our members in higher education. Along with the other HE unions, our pay claim was for:
- a rise of RPI plus 3%, or a minimum increase of £3,349
- £10 per hour minimum rate of pay
- All universities to become accredited by the Living Wage Foundation
- A 35 hour working week
- Action to close the gender and ethnicity pay gaps
- Action to reduce excessive workloads and combat stress
The employers’ offer
University employers won’t stump up. Their offer falls short, with the majority of HE staff being offered a rise of 1.8%, and lower paid staff offered between 1.82% and 3.65%. Check the pay award for your spinal column point in the final pay offer.
It’s time to stand up for decent pay and decent jobs.